Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Independent Component 2



LITERAL
(a) “I, Ralph Hernandez, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work.”
(b) Pharmacist Grace Lin, 
(c) done
(d) While I was doing my Independant Component 2, I was basically put in charge of dealing with all only spanish speaking patients. Since I hardly knew the language that well myself, it was quite the challenge. I would make sure that the patient would understand how much they were paying for certain items and what Grace, me mentor, had to tell them. My mentor would make sure that they knew what times and how often to take the medication no matter how long it took with the patient. Sometimes this caused things to get busy with patients and I was really rushed to make sure they didn't wait too long for their medications. 
INTERPRETIVE 
These are pictures of when I had to change the prescription filing system that my mentor has at the pharmacy & ran the register for when patients came into the store. I changed the color pin on the bags to let the pharmacist know how long the prescriptions had been waiting there so she could know when to alert the patient. 
Applied
This component has really showed me the signifance of having a pharmacist lab technician who helps when things get busy around the pharmacy. This has helped me understand my next answer to my essential question. Which would be adding a pharmacist lab tech to the pharmaceutical team for patients. I also felt like I made an impact on the community with the hours of work I put in. I was able to help many families who couldn't speak english get their medications more easily than they previously would have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment