Thursday, February 6, 2014

Independent Component 1

LITERAL
(a) Statement saying: “I, Ralph Hernandez, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work.”
(b) My source who helped me complete my Independent Component, was Timothy Wong, a pharmacist from the Del Amo pharmacy in Torrance, CA. He's been a retail pharmacist for 12 years. 
(c) Digital Spreadsheet on my blog. 
(d) I completed 30 extra hours of mentor ship with my mentor. In those hours, I was able to get a better definition of what it was to run a retail pharmacy. Through it, I obtained an essential question and many possible answers to it. 
INTERPRETIVE 
Defend your work and explain how the significant parts of your component and how it demonstrates 30 hours of work.   Provide evidence (photos, transcript, art work, videos, etc) of the 30 hours of work. 
I did a online Journal with reflections of each day of mentorship I had and its signifigance. Also with a letter from my mentor confirming what I put.   

Letter confirming hours. Click Here
APPLIED
How did the component help you understand the foundation of your topic better?  Please include specific examples to illustrate how it helped. 
Through the extra 30 hours of mentor ship, I got a very defined idea of what being a pharmacist means. At my mentorship, I was able to see clearly what it was to maintain patient care. I saw my mentor make sure that patients understood their prescriptions, which ended up becoming my first answer to my essential question. I also was able to see the financial aspect of being a pharmacist by seeing the insurance companies co-pay sit, which shows how much profit is made. Which I plan to make a second answer out of. 

No comments:

Post a Comment